I really hate people giving me last minute notices or making last minute changes to events. But they happen, not very often but enough to spoile my day.
I am supposed to meet up with a coursemate to discuss and do our project in town this afternoon, and the appointment was fixed the day before. Initially, my plan for the day is to attend a workshop, den meet up for project discussion and then to my best friend's bdae party. Everything is so neatly laid out.
But this morning I did not attend the workshop because I did not receive any comfirmation email from the organiser assuring me that I am listed as one of the participant. So I pushed back the proj discussion time to an hour later cos I want to stay home for lunch. We have agreed to meet, still, in town. I thought her reply will be a 'see ya later' (thou she already said tt in the previous sms), alas do I know she has suddenly wanted to change the whole plan of meeting up for discussion. In the next sms she actually suggested (and later, confirm, after not receiving any reply from me) that we both do our part at home and email each other on Sunday.
When I finially read the msg I was stunned! It was 2 seconds before my first foot step outside my house!
I am openly negiotiable on such a suggestion, but, if u wan to cancel a meeting, and u sms that person, receiving no response, then I think it is only appropriate that u call that person personally and ask/suggest/confirm, agree? Sometimes we r unaware of incoming msgs when we r bz with other things, u cannot juz assume that I will receive the msg (sms do get lost) and assume that I accept the "suggestion".
That is also the reason why i did not attend the workshop, cos they did not comfirm with me if they have reserve a saet for me (despite me trying to call them and ask), I don't want to appear at the hall and be told that I am not in the list.
After I read that "shocking" sms, I tried calling her 3 times but no one pick up the phone. Well, what can I say? What can I do? It's not like I'm going to the wet market so I will only need 1 minute to tidy up myself. My friend's bdae party will be at 7pm, so now the qn for me is: to change(back) or not to change(back)?
没有评论:
发表评论